Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Brazilian Rollercoaster Ride

Brazilian Rollercoaster Ride

I always want to start of by saying, "This week was a roller coaster!", but literally every week is a roller coaster; LIFE is a roller coaster! Innumerable ups and downs, parts where you scream because you don´t know if you're gonna make it out alive and parts where you scream out of sheer elation, and then it's all over before you know it! This week was no exception!

There are seriously too many things that happened this week to write about so I´ll do my best to sum them up. Me and Sister Paz are out for baptisms and we are working as hard as we can to achieve that goal! We hit 2 more personal records this week of lessons taught and new investigators, and I realized that something I've really learned to embrace on the mission is the value of hard work! There´s no better feeling than climbing into bed at night and knowing that you gave everything you have that day.

I also recognized one way that I've grown a ton in Brazil and that's the fact that I have pretty much zero inhibitions these days. Remember the time I had the miracle of finding the avocados in the middle of the road? Well this week we found a family in the middle of the road! They were just chilling in front of their house on the ground, and I saw them and walked right on over and plopped down on the ground next to them and struck up a conversation. It was funny because Sister Paz and the member that was with us that day were looking at me and then at each other, and then they both just shrugged and sat down too and we had a great lesson!

The moral of the story is even when nothing seems to be working out but we're being obedient and really giving it our all, Heavenly Father will whip up a miracle for us and everything will work out how it's supposed to, even if that´s not exactly how we expected. I love you all lots and hope you have a great week!

- Sister Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment