Monday, January 25, 2016

Extra! Extra! Read All About It!!

Extra! Extra! Read All About It!!

This week seriously flew by, and so many things happened; I'm gonna have to use bullet points to hit all of the important stuff:

  • Yes, my tan is definitely coming along (for a third of my body at least); the members like to tell me that I'm a little meat pastry browning in the oven of São Paulo.
  • In case you all were curious as to what you need to do to gain 3 kilos in 3 months, I have the program for you! Make rice AND pasta AND potatoes and a fatty meat of your choice (I recommend sausage), fill your plate full, clean it, and then get seconds so you don't seem rude. Then just when you think you can't eat any more, shove some cake/ice cream down your gullet, because it was specially made just for you, and VOILA! 
  • Jefferson, a guy in the ward of the other sisters, took us all around Riberão this week, and we were interviewed by two newspapers and a radio station for our free English classes here, and we made the front page! (I'm gonna send a copy or two home and a pic next week.)
  • Cobblestone is a creation of the devil, and I'm pretty sure he lives at the top of a giant cobblestone hill, because trust me, there´s nothing good about them.
  • We went to a family home evening with the other sisters in their area, and got lost on the way home (in the... almost in the jungle, with MANY cobblestone hills), and Sister Moura almost had a breakdown. Everyone was getting panicky, except for me, and they were like, "Why are you so calm, Sister Curtis?" And I was like, "I made 70 contacts today, the Lord´s gonna protect me." lol (Don't worry we arrived home safe and sound soon thereafter.)


Love you all and hope you have a fantastic week!!

Sister Curtis (or as the Brasileiros say, Seester Kurts)

No comments:

Post a Comment