Monday, January 4, 2016

Feliz Ano Novo :)

Feliz Ano Novo :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It´s so weird to think that I
finished 2015 in Brazil, and I am going to spend all of 2016 here as well,
but I´m excited for the miracles, struggles, happiness, and heartaches
that I´m sure to experience this year.

Since Brazilians REALLY enjoy their festivities and party harder than
any other group of people I´m aware of, President Broadbent told us we
needed to be em casa by 8pm on New Year´s eve. We got permission to
spend the night at the house of some other Sisters in our Zone. There
were 8 of us and we had a right little party; and yes, we did indeed get
to stay up until 12:30. The next day we all cooked a giant almoço for
our Zone and played capture the flag. It was awesome.

What was slightly less awesome was the journey back home, because just
like every time I forget my umbrella, it started to downpour. The bus we needed to
take wasn't taking cash, so we walked and walked and found another one. Then
we took another (which broke down); and then 2 more buses later, we finally got
 home and collapsed into bed, very wet, very tired, and very happy.

All in all it was a very good, if uneventful, week. Pretty much
everyone in Brazil goes to the beach/ travels for Christmas and New
Year´s, so we've had very very few people to teach and hardly anyone in
the street, but hopefully this week we can return to some semblance of
normalcy. Next week is transfers, and I have no idea if I´ll stay in
Eldorado for another 6 weeks or move on to the next area, but I´ll be
excited to keep on keeping on either way. I hope everyone has a great
week and remembers to be grateful for their dryers because waiting 3 days
for your laundry to dry is the actual worst.


LoooOOOoovveeeee,
Sister Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment