Monday, August 8, 2016

A Whole New WooOoOrld

HOWDY Y'ALL!!!

Guess what, because my new comp Sister Newell is American (special import from Mapleton, Utah) I've been remembering lots of random things in English that I literally forgot existed such as "holy smokes" and "toaster strudel". I already love her a million percent and I'm excited we're gonna be together (most likely) for the next 3 months. Because we have pretty similar personalities neither one of us even thought about taking a pic together to send to our dearly beloveds, so you'll all just have to hold on to the grand reveal until next week, oops.

Saúde is 100% different than any of my other areas, even though geographically it's not gigantic, it's super densely packed with little houses and tons of apartments, but there's almost no one in the streets, which is new for me, because pretty much everyone is always working or studying. It's gonna take a little readjusting but I'm super excited to be here because this area has so much potential!

Honestly last Monday when I was on the train with all my worldly possessions at my feet, thinking about all the changes that were about to take place, I got a little rattled, and I prayed that I would be able to feel a confirmation that Saúde is where I need to be. So Tuesday we had focused on finding new people to teach and had marked with several of them to come back and teach on Friday. One of these appointments was with a young woman that had seemed pretty interested in learning more, and when we got there Friday afternoon she let us right in and was excited to talk to us.

 We started teaching about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and when we got to the part about baptism she perked up and listened very attentively. The spirit was so strong and we explained to her that she's a literal daughter of God, and that He loves her no matter what and wants so badly that she returns and lives with Him again, and that she´s happy here and for eternity, and that it´s only by entering through the door of baptism that we can later enter the door to the kingdom of Heaven. As we spoke and testified of these truths, all of our eyes filled with tears and we invited her to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized so that she too could receive these eternal blessings. She accepted right away and thanked us so sincerely for offering her a new chance at life and the opportunity to have a real relationship with God.

I don't know about you, but for me that was more than the confirmation that I had been hoping for.I know that the plan that God has for each of us is perfect and that it's only by obedience that we can fulfill it and receive all the blessings that He wants us to have. Love you all lots and hope you have a super duper week!

-Sister Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment