Monday, September 26, 2016

As Famílias Poderão Ser Eternas

As Famílias Poderão Ser Eternas

I know that it's been a while since I've shared all the wacky stuff that happens in mission life but this week was a little sobering. That being said, it was an excellent opportunity to learn some very important and eternal lessons.

At the beginning of the week, we got to go to the temple which was already in and of itself a wonderful experience. Afterwards, we had a mini meeting with President and Sister Broadbent, and she gave one of the most beautiful testimonies about the importance of having the temple at the center of our lives. The spirit was super strong and I felt with such clarity the importance of having eternal families.

This truth hit me even harder on Friday morning when I received a call from Ribeirâo Pires letting me know that our dear Irmão Clóvis had passed away the night before. It came as a huge shock. I ended up crying for most of the morning, first from sadness but soon thereafter from gratitude. I feel so so so blessed to have been able to play a part in the eternal story of Clóvis and his daughter Yasmin and their family. Our Heavenly Father´s plan is perfect, I know that and I'm a special witness of that. I am soooo grateful that we can be with our family and loved ones not just here but forever and ever and ever. There's no greater blessing or goal that's more important than that.

Love you all so so so so so so much and hope you have a marvelous week!

-Sister Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment