Monday, October 31, 2016

THIS IS HALLOWEEN, THIS IS HALLOWEEN

THIS IS HALLOWEEN, THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Talk about a jam packed week!! First off, I had to say my goodbyes to 2 of my dearly beloved companions, Sister Newell and Sister Bennallack. Yes I cried, but at least I didn't ugly cry! Small victories. Also to make up for the sadness of losing two amigas, I regained another. Sister Rasera (from Ribeirão Pires) is my new companion and wow is she incredible!!!

We worked ourselves to the bone this week (one night I fell asleep praying and woke up on my knees like 2 ours later lol), doing our very best to be worthy of the miracles that Heavenly father wants to do through us, and we found some seriously amazing people.One of these is a man called William. As we finished teaching him about the Restoration I felt like I had to make sure and leave a pamphlet with him, but I had given my last one out that day and knew Sister Rasera didn't have any but nevertheless, I looked in my bag and low and behold, there was a pamphlet right there inside! The Lord multiplies more than just fish and loaves these day, people!

And an even greater miracle occurred on Sunday night. It had gotten cold and started to rain and we were far from home and I asked Sister Rasera if she wanted to go home and grab a jacket, but she was like, "It's pretty out of the way and it's already late so let´s just try these last 2 people." So we kept on trucking and went to the home of a referral that we received several weeks ago. We had never been able to find Oswaldo at home and this was his last chance.

Well we rang the doorbell and what do ya know, but this gigantic man opened the door and asked us if we were the missionaries: OSWALDO!!! As we entered his home the spirit hit so hard and I knew that that"s exactly where we needed to be in that moment. As we talked to him about the gospel of Jesus Christ the spirit was whispering with increasing frequency "Invite him to be baptized!" So after meeting this gentle giant and talking to him for 15 minutes we invited him to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized, and He accepted the invitation whole-heartedly.

He told us that he had sent a message to his friend that morning saying that he thought that it was going to work out cause we kept missing him at home and then we showed up that very night. I started tearing up and testified to him that I knew that we were there for a reason and that reason was to help him and his family receive all of the blessings that God has in store for them. It was INCREDIBLE.

I hadn't felt the spirit so strongly like that in a lesson in a little while. I know that obedience brings blessings but obedience in exactness brings miracles. Heavenly Father wants to bless us and others through us, He wants to give us all that He has, but we have to shut our spiritual umbrellas and let the blessings rain down.. "I will...open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing that there shall not be room enough to receive it."

I love you all so much and hope you have a marvelous week!!

-Sister Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment