Monday, January 2, 2017

FELIZ ANO NOVO

FELIZ ANO NOVO

IT''S 2017 WWUUUUUUUTTTTT?!?!?! How'd that happen?!?!?!

I've been thinking a lot in retrospect about this year and recently had the opportunity to write a letter for a family friend who has helped me and my family immensely, and I thought that I'd share a little bit of that letter with today.

"Last week made 1 year and 2 months that I'm here in Brazil as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. 1 year and 2 months that I've had the pleasure and privilege of being a representative of Jesus Christ and of sharing His restored gospel and all of its accompanying blessings with the people of São Paulo.

Being the end of the year, I was recently reflecting on everything that happened and that I experienced in 2016, and I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that this was the best year of my life. There is nothing more worthwhile that I could have done, no place more important that I could've been, no people more special that I could've met, or experiences more tremendous that I could've had than what the Lord has blessed me with here.

I have seen miracles take place that defy description as well as scenes that would break your heart to bits and pieces, and I've felt the Lord with me through it all. I know with a surety that the Lord never leaves us to fend for ourselves as we seek him out; he rejoices with us in our triumphs and wipes away our tears when there´s nothing left to do but cry. He is the personal and individual Savior of each and every one of us and loves us with a perfect love. There aren't words sufficient for me to express my gratitude for this sacred opportunity, for everything that I've learned and for everything that I've become and everything I've helped others to become as well."

Love you all lots and hope that you all have a happy new year full of grand goals and perfect plans!

-Sister Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment