Monday, January 30, 2017

I Stand All Amazed

"I Stand All Amazed"

The alternative title to this email is "Super Amazing Miracle Week #2!!!" but I thought a hymn quote might be a little more classy lol. As both titles suggest, it was another incredible week of blessings here in Parque Bristol! As we all know I'm no good at surprises so.. VINICIUS WAS BAPTIZED!!!! WOO HOO!!!

So we arranged to meet up with Vinicius and his family after the first hour of church because they had to go to a funeral early Sunday morning, and when we got there with a prayer in our hearts ... nothing. We came back after the second hour and .... no one. Sister Wright and I stood there looking at each other for a couple of minutes like "uhh, now what.." so we decided to say a prayer and in the middle of it we heard footsteps approaching. I immediately thought "Wow that was quick!" But it turned out to be the neighbor haha.

We went back to church and I was sitting there on the pew thinking what we could do to make this baptism happen today, and I was praying so hard that everything would work out. As I was pondering our options, someone went to sit down next to me and lo and behold, it was Vinicius and his family!!! It was a tremendous miracle!!

Then came the baptism and we went to get his jumpsuit out of the closet and first there wasn't a key, and then we took a look at the font it was dry as a bone. So we turned on the water and called in some reinforcements and we started filling up buckets to speed things up a little. All the while his little sister Maria was angry crying because she wanted to be baptized too (we already marked her baptism for her birthday ... in December, hahaha), BUT everything worked out !!!!!!!!

The moral of the story is this, "And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him." (1 João 5:14-15). The power of prayer is real. When we do all that we can and we ask in faith, the Lord will respond to our prayers, The answer isn't always going to be "yes", a lot of the time it's "no" or "not yet", but He will always answer us and bless us in all of the ways that we need, which is much better than in the ways that we want. I love this gospel so much and I'm so grateful for the chance I have to share it with the people of São Paulo and with all of you.

Love y'all lots and hope you have a wonderful week!!

-Sister Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment