Monday, January 23, 2017

"Parque Bristol: The Most Magical Place On Earth"

"Parque Bristol: The Most Magical Place On Earth"

Let me tell ya folks, if the title of this week's email didn't say it all I am SUPER SUPER HAPPY to be here in Parque Bristol with my new filha, Sister Wright!! She's from AmericanFork and is just starting out here in the best mission in the world, and we have some grande goals to do absolutely everything in our power to help this area grow and find the people that the Lord has prepared for us to help.

So we had to help another Sister move houses on Tuesday which ate up a lot of our day, but Wednesday we started out strong and that night I met Gustavo the substitute ward mission leader. As we were praying to leave, I felt the spirit so strong testifying to me that this area is a very special area, an area of ​​miracles and that I am here for a great purpose. Then he took us to meet some people and on the way to a house we met an inactive member Regiane, who invited us to go to her house another day and we checked and then we met with two more great families.

We continued to find lots of cool people and contacted some of the people from the area book, and Sister Wright was so excited. She told me "I did not know it was so good to work so hard! I'm so happy with you !! I did not even think of home today !!"  What a cutie. On Friday we woke up on FIRE and we went out and worked a ton. In the afternoon we went to Regiane's house and we got there and we were getting to know each other a little, and I started to talk about the gospel and from nowhere she said, "You know my son isn't baptized and he's going to be ten soon." I almost did not believe it but immediately I said, "We can fix that!" And we marked his baptism for this Sunday. The Lord works in mysterious and wonderful ways;.

Well all that just put gas on the fire and we left there and worked even more. On Saturday a girl Larissa from another ward went out with us. We knocked on doors in the rain and we visited the rest of the people, but we finished our plans at 8 o'clock and asked Larissa for help, and she thought and thought and said, "I don't know, we can try my aunt." On the way there we met with her cousin that she had wanted to pass the reference of previously but didn't remember the address. Then we went to her aunt's house who welcomed us in and invited us back, and when we left Larissa said "Wow, we met my cousin, my aunt let you guys in, and we met so many people, today was amazing !!!" And it was amazing!

I have a wonderful burning feeling that this is an extremely special area, that we're here to do great things because we're here to do the work of the Lord and when we do His work, His way, with love and with determination, WE CANNOT FAIL.

As a grand finale, NICHOLAS WAS BAPTIZED YESTERDAY!!!! WOO HOOO!!!! Parabéns amiginho!!!

Love you guys oodles and oodles and hope your week is half as good as mine's gonna be!!

- Sister Curtis


No comments:

Post a Comment